Thursday, June 25, 2009

Awesome and lame

A summary of things impacting my life positively and negatively today:

Awesome:
- Found out opening act for U2's September show at the Meadowlands is Muse. Feel less guilty about splurging on ridiculously expensive tickets.
- Feeling adventurous as I wore a purple dress today instead of my usual black ensemble. Now I won't blend into my chair at work.
- Shaq, the bane of my basketball existence, is leaving the Phoenix Suns. Good riddance. Enjoy ruining Cleveland now!
- The emails that crazy South Carolinian governor wrote to his Argentinian mistress. Only in America can we make fun of our elected officials in such a scathing, yet hilarious manner.

Lame:
- Next year there will be 10 nominees for Best Picture at the Academy Awards. Completely pointless change to the ceremony, not to mention probably extending the length of a show that is already 4 hours. Also, it will probably lower my prediction accuracy and deplete my bank account since I'll try and see them all.
- Guy on Craigslist who I am trying to buy a bike from won't reply to my emails. Grrrr.
- Haven't heard Little Joy on my Pandora in two days. SUPER lame.